- Long time not heard but we are just busy
It has been a while….. ..that I once again had the time to write something …that I once again had the motivation to write something …that I once again had a topic to write about
- The yellow room – Renovation progress on the first floor
After much deliberation, we decided to focus the renovation on the main house this year. More specifically, the two bedrooms on the first floor. Both were in urgent need of upgrades regarding electricity and heating,
- The construction of the bookshelf. A look behind the scenes
Last year, we would never have thought that we would build a bookshelf as a room divider in the living room. We are both fascinated by the amount of space and the openness of the
- An update on the great living room renovation
Since august there has been apparent silence in our renovation project. But of course appearances are deceptive. The work in the large living room – or rather in the blue and red salon, has continued
- August Update – Living room and window restauration in full speed
Since June, many family members visited us and helped us with the restauration. However, compared to last summer, the restauration took a more secondary role. This summer we spent some time hiking, going on tours
- Our gardening goals – July update: A amazing summer time
Summer is in full swing here in Sweden. Uninterrupted sunshine and warm temperatures. Within a short time all the plants have shot up and are growing and growing. I remember too well making plans at
- Our quaint ideas for the remodelling of the salon
The remodelling work in the living room is slowly picking up speed. Already at the beginning of the year, the first wallpapers were taken down, a little space was created and now, in summer, even
- What you can achieve in just one year – Renovation Madness
On 29 May 2020, we received the keys to our house. From then on, the renovation began immediately. Now comes an retrospective of how our house and life looked in the spring of 2020 and
- How to build a simple wooden deck/ wooden terrace
For a long time we thought back and forth about how our terrace should look. Gravel, bricks, flagstones or wood? On the one hand, we wanted to keep expenses as low as possible. Also, we
- Our unconventional first summer in the swedish countryside – Right exhausting
Summer is coming to the swedish countryside and our garden is slowly starting to bloom! It is a beautiful time right now. The sun is shining so strongly and it gets really warm in the
- The mysterious history of our stunning house – A glimpse into the past of an exciting story
Do you ever wondered how it comes that such a magical house has so many memories and stories in it? I slipped into the history of our house and now I have an idea why
- Gardening Goals for this year – A lovely Cottage Garden
Can you feel it too? The rays of the sun have more energy, it stays light longer and the birds are chirping…Garden planning is calling!
- The edge of the mess- Our stunning garden hall remodeling
We treated one room very neglected and postponed the renovation work until recently. Namely our garden hall.
- Impressions Of Our Facade Renovation- Costs And Time
Before we started the renovation of our house facade, I read almost all articles regarding wooden facade DIY renovation you can find online. And you know what? In retrospect, many things did not help us
- Painting Your Floor In A Chessboard Pattern – A Quick Guide
Painting your wooden floor in a chessboard pattern is a bit of a hassle, but the result will be worth all the effort! In this post, I will show you how we painted our floor in the garden hall and what tips we can give you so that your result gets perfect!
- The simple reason why I commenced Ivy-Green Blog
Two main ideas can be found behind the blog Ivy-Green.
First is our modern country lifestyle in Sweden. Second my love to russian food.